Harley-Davidson first introduced the Pan America in 2018, intending the motorcycle to be its first off-road bike. The new Pan America, expected to be available for purchase later in 2021, will be officially previewed during a digital launch on February 22nd.
About Harley-Davidson’s Pan America
Harley-Davidson has long remained a key player in the cruiser market. Yet, the buying habits of younger riders skew smaller, more sustainable and toward active pursuits.
Harley-Davidson’s LiveWire electric motorcycle was one bid to attract younger riders to the brand and the Pan America appeals to more adventure-style use.
To date, the Pan America’s key features have included:
- Liquid-cooled 1250cc V-twin 60-degree engine, offering 145 HP and over 90 ft-lb of torque
- Chain-and-sprocket final drive
- Cross-spoked wheels
- Double-sided swing arm attached to the rear shock
- Liquid crystal display (LCD) computer
- Reflect Defensive Rider System for traction
- Lower seat height for greater accessibility
- Design input for the frame and tires from Michelin and Brembo
- Strong capabilities for on and off-road travel
- Engine integrated into the frame to reduce the overall weight
- New power train
Pan America’s Promotion
Harley-Davidson held a virtual global launch for all anticipated 2021 models on January 19th. The Pan America was not the only bike featured – riders learned more about 27 new models, including the Street Bob 114, Fat Bob and CVOs.