As the weather starts to heat up this spring, traffic on Connecticut roadways will only get worse. With motorcycles returning to the scene, it is especially important for everyone to use sound judgment and caution to help reduce accidents.
Both car and truck drivers, as well as motorcyclists, can do their fair share to make the roads safe for everyone. We outline a few tips for all parties.
Tips for Motorcycle Riders
- Make sure your motorcycle is ready to ride by performing your own maintenance checklist or having it professionally tuned-up by a mechanic.
- Position yourself for maximum visibility and avoid riding in blind spots.
- Learn how to brake correctly, using both brakes, and practice proper braking techniques.
- Take a motorcycle safety training course. The more you know about your bike, the better you become at making important decisions when riding.
- Always expect the unexpected and don’t assume a car or truck sees you.